View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #57
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
I test drove the active and the passive suspension and went with the passive suspension because I prefer a sporty setup more often than not. It really comes down to preference. In my experience, it's only on really bumpy roads that are consistently bumpy and in the 35 to 55mph range will the passive suspension punish you. If you're going slow (below 35) you will bounce over bumps in a compliant manner and if you are going fast (over 55mph) you will float right over the bumps and not really feel them. So you need to consider where you live and what speeds you are driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
I test drove the active and the passive suspension and went with the passive suspension because I prefer a sporty setup more often than not. It really comes down to preference. In my experience, it's only on really bumpy roads that are consistently bumpy and in the 35 to 55mph range will the passive suspension punish you. If you're going slow (below 35) you will bounce over bumps in a compliant manner and if you are going fast (over 55mph) you will float right over the bumps and not really feel them. So you need to consider where you live and what speeds you are driving.
So basically never drive 40mph and you'll be fine ?
Appreciate 0