Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
While I agree with a lot of what you posted the manual transmission "issue" is more complex than say mechanical watches.

I'll pose this question. Who are BMWs "core" customers these days? Simple question. It's soccer moms, granny's, and non-enthusiast badge seekers. Let's not forget the chinese. Non of these people care about manual transmission cars. This is most likely the last generation for them in BMW land. Honestly, I don't care and I'm more pissed about cancellation of ED, huge fugly front ends, Lexus rear ends, and loss of DCT.

Back on topic. We have a wall in our Den of framed pics of all our EDs with a Zoll plate from each trip. Amazing memories. My wife just yesterday said to me how pissed she is they cancelled it and we won't get to bring our little guy on an ED adventure. Pretty much the nail in the coffin for out time with BMW. I almost could have leased a bugs bunny ///M just to do ED but now that is cancelled. Fuck no. I'll go with a CPO 911 and ED on a Merc for the wife. Such a shame.
Proper first world problems right here, lol.

Big privilege for Americans to fly across the globe to pick a car up at the Welt. I am a few hours away from Munich and yet even I can't do it. Yes, I am mad; it's available only for Germany and Austria now. Us Europeans can't do an "American Delivery" either... doesn't stop anybody from buying Mustangs and Corvettes, does it. I buy a car because it fits my criteria, not that I can drive it abroad for a week.

Audi axed their ED last year, BMW followed suit and I think others will as well in the near future.

They offered manual transmissions for almost any non-SUV car up until a few years ago, not enough people were interested. They've built, like, five F11 535i Tourings with a stick over the course of the production run. If they're gonna offer stick shifts, it's only gonna be the high-end sports versions, hence M3/4 the only one being manual in the whole G2x family.
Well stated.
Appreciate 0