04-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #27
Gorkyg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I've been posting here for a long time and on other boards and usenet forum before these, and in no way was the E30/E36/E46 hated like the renderings/leaks of the G8x so far. The closest was in 2001 when the E65 7 Series was soundly trashed by most and was given the derogatory "Bangle Butt" moniker.

And I disagree that what (only) matters is how it drives. Other things like how a car looks and sounds, quality/reliability, cost, etc., all cumulatively matter to our ultimate buying decision.
I agree. I wonder after it comes out and people start seeing it more in person whether the road or dealerships if they will get used to it and start liking it. I think traditional BMW fans might not but newer ones might.

It is kind of like the new rendition of your favorite band whether new people joined or the music they made changed a lot. Younger people who recently started following might like or even love it but fans that have been there from the beginning have a very hard time accepting such a drastic development.

I am just very torn. Is this always going to look terrible or with time are we going to like this quite a lot? I feel like it won't be universally loved and probably even be made fun of but a couple years down the road when we look at the previous generations, they will start looking old and dated.

I find this similar
Appreciate 1