09-08-2020, 06:33 AM   #6
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris-M340i View Post
Firstly, I will state that this is by far the best car I have ever owned and it is very close to perfect for me but that said here are 5 annoyances I have picked up after a few months of ownership. I had to dig deep to find them.

1) The HK sounds okay but I expected better from a premium sound system. The system in the G70 is much better.

2) The skip to next track in Spotify (or is it Apple Car Play) takes around 2 seconds after pressing it to get to the next track (assume it will be fixed in an update). In my Subaru this happens instantly.

3) Plastic gear knob and paddle shifters (partially) - given this is a premium car I expected better and would have been happy to pay a little more for better quality.

4) Steering feel - everyone knows this and has been talked about to death. It's actually not a huge problem for me as the car is amazing overall from a driving experience.

5) Digital display - I actually like the design even though many prefer Audi/Mercedes. For me I dont need all the configuration options of those cars as I would always select a tachometer and speedometer to display anyway. It would however be good to have a little more information on the screen at the same time like odometer, power/torque graphs, etc. At the moment you can only have one on the screen. In my view the odometer should always be there. Actually if I could, I would have much preferred a traditional analogue display.

Anyway, that's it. Pretty minor issues really. Love this car
#4 is my biggest complaint with all modern BMWs. The first thing I noticed on my M340i test drive was the numb steering feel. Like I was back in my F8x M. Lets hope BMW figures out how to do EPS properly at some point.

They should poach a couple engineers from GM honestly. Their EPS is actually very good. Crazy world we live in where Camaros and Caddys have better steering feel than BMW M cars.
Appreciate 1