08-22-2019, 12:43 PM   #73
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughj1976 View Post
Guys,

We have six G20 320i M Sports on hold in the UK. These are company cars from BMWs UK stock and are being supplied through a lease company. Cars are located at Inchcape BMW dealership in Sunderland.

Last communication suggested they would be delivered in late September, this changed today to Early October. On hold for rear headrest issue.

Frustrating for us and the lease company, due to lack of communication from BMW on potential release dates. Especially when cars are sitting at dealership.

Will update this thread with any progress reports from BMW......The wait continues!!

You can call me paranoid or the purveyor of conspiracy theories, but all this sounds too fishy to me 🎣. All these cars worldwide are being held up because of a little-used head rest that might break under load. Perhaps that’s just an innocuous little defect to keep us distracted from something far more serious.

My status doc says, “Work Order Started 08/09/2019.” WORK ORDER??? What work is being done? Verifying that the part is defective? Are they trying to tell us that a small part like that can’t be replaced quickly? I’ll bet there are dozens of qualified manufacturers worldwide that can produce the part!

And now we see “hughj1976” in the UK with the same issue... with a tentative resolution being pushed forward to October!! Something’s not right... we’re not getting the whole story.

Sorry, guys! That’s my rant for today! I hope I’m wrong!!
Appreciate 0