Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Just got oil warning again this morning, car currently has 5600 miles. Second time now in less than 6k miles it needs another quart. Can't wait for the first oil change to see if that fixes this.
So I am at 7100 miles and Oil warning just came on again so this would be 3rd time. Pootie what would you suggest? should I take it in or just add another? First Oil change coming up in June per the car.
I know it's nerve-wrecking for this to occur on a brand new car but as I outlined before, at this juncture, there is only so much the dealer can do but document the issue, top off the oil and send you on your way. It's sort of a waste having them check it, unless they have something to go on like a CEL or some sort of physical oil seepage.

What's scary for me is when I added my first full quart, after the low oil indicator had now illuminated, it didn't even reach the MAX indicator. This motor just seems to guzzle oil..

Best you can do is religiously keep a close eye oil levels and possible create your own documentation (videos, photos, threads, ect), should this result in a mechanical failure, in the future.
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00