02-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #53
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
First of all, props to OP for the content he's been posting.

On the other hand, ITT:
- highly original Lexus comments that were old last year
- people saying design lines are missing based off of 750×562 pictures of a dusty light silver car
- people still convincing themselves in an open forum the car they own is naturally better

calicolorado at least admits it's beating a dead horse. It's just getting near a level of boring where there's no point looking into threads because it's the same posts everywhere.

If someone cares enough and has enough time, please go around and archive these posts for reference to see how many of these people will be warming their butts in G20s once the hate hype dies down and they've actually had hands-on experiences with the car. Then the G20 will be the better car again, when the new one comes out, and the self-confirming circle continues.
I am kind of tired of these posts too. These posts actually are the ones that are beating a dead horse. Almost EVERYONE in here is a BMW fan. A BMW lover takes his time to express in here his/her opinion, and that includes good or bad. That's actually what a true fan does.

On the other hand,
- Lexus comments are an ascertainment. The extremely numerous comments in regards with Lexus are true, like it or not. Nothing to do with originality. They look like that and that is a fact! Yeah BMW lacks originality in this case.
- Lines are where they are and pictures are just fine. maybe you have a vision problem or your monitor is old. Everything is very visible. This is another poor excuse.
- People don not "convincing themselves" that what they own is "naturally better". First of all, nobody said that what they own is better. Everybody said that what they own has more BMW design DNA than the new vehicle. That's how is better. The new vehicle dumped many specific characteristic that used to defined BMW lines.
You might understand what you want or whatever perception tells you, yet, that doesn't mean you perceived other comments properly.

Not the least, BMW latest design language was never praised or received with ovations , It is literally generic and reached the "ordinary" and "blend in" level. Please read all the impressions and you will see that everybody agrees that BMW design is literally dull.
Except the new 8 and M2, nothing speaks of a specific, particular BMW design language anymore.
The front fascia, the ugly bumper angles and lines, the ugly uncalled for triangles of plastic in front and rear bumpers, the edges described by the new ugly lines on the bumpers, the enormous TASTELESS front kidney grill, the cheap headlamp to grill connection, the Lexus -UNORIGINAL- tail lights, the terrible side lines that won't flow anymore, the lack of perfect defined Hofemeister's Kink that is not a stupid plastic boomerang glued on the corner of the door, all are elements that confirms that the direction is just far from what a BMW should be.

On the other hand, it is very sad when a fan hopes that the design will probably "grow on me".
If I will be the designer of this car, or the one responsible in bringing a new product on the market, and I would read such statements, I will admit that I have failed miserably.
A new machine should be exciting, should be ferocious but elegant in the same time, should inspire and makes you think that it moves even when it stays parked in front of the house.
The new design is not just boring and uninspired, it is actually behind manufacturers that wish to have the design elements and the history BMW does. Yet, BMW trashed everything for an ordinary design.

I am in the position where I need to buy a car. Except the 8 and 2, and the 5 (with some packages), there is no vehicle in BMW lineup that makes me excited. They are punishing us with hood lines and glued headlamps, and lines and grills that are just stupidly kitschy.
Yeah, my previous ones where better, and the ones I own are still better. Naturally! Fair enough?

I would like to buy a new BMW because I am a fan. Yet, with every new model my disappointment grows exponentially.
I might end up with a new BMW and that is just because I need a new car, but not because I am necessary in love with it. And many are in my position, including the ones that will "warm their butts in a G20".
I might look at the new M3 if will have a different grill, bumpers, etc and looks appealing. Otherwise, no.

Yet, I already start to look at Audi. The new S5 is much more beautiful. A hard pill to swallow but I must admit it.

Only a blind man will say that this bottom picture is beautiful, stunning or revolutionary. Just look at it. BTW, this one is not dusty...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ashkgerd2118.50
JTO245271.50