View Single Post
      02-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #70
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Gotta remember, not everyone frequents the 3 forums as often as you. Their initial reaction is likely that some parts look like a Lexus, so they voice those opinions. Maybe you've heard it so often now it is old - just imagine how you'll feel after you buy one and a guy at the gas station tells you, "nice Lexus."

The real point is, a BMW shouldn't resemble a Lexus...change that, and we can all stop reading posts about it!

P.S. The new one, despite having some Lexus design elements, will absolutely be "better" than the old one.
Yeah, you've got a point about hearing it multiple times. I'm not saying I don't see where people get the resemblance either, but the first pictures have been out for months. And I wouldn't go as far as to say they're "Lexus design elements", but rather redesigned/evolved BMW design elements that some people see more Lexus into than they probably should.

Funny exercise: go to BMW's Facebook page and scroll through their latest posts. I swear the exact same pictures memeing the new kidneys of the 7/X7 are under every one of them, even those where no grille is visible or the model is not related to the "meme". Gets old fast with all the people hopping on the train hoping for their 15 minutes of fame.

On the gas station part, I wouldn't really care to be honest, at max I'd laugh and/or say thank you. I also doubt many people would have that reaction to the car in the metal though, but who knows. Any Lexus owners reading please report in how many times you've been asked how you already have a G20. 🤔 I'm guessing it'd be a low number.

Last edited by KTN; 02-09-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0