02-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #119
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Do you work for BMW???

Are you on the design team of the latest monstrosities to come out of Munich?

I'll simplify for you

BMWs used to be a step above in many categories that car enthusiasts cared about.

Now they make mommy mobile SUVs, grandpa sedans, and Lexus's that look like shit.

If they didn't have ///M I and many others would be gone. Even that's barely holding on with ///M sport garbage
No I'm not working for the design team, and I don't need simplification. Let me simplify for you, since judging by how you started your post by a personal attack, you need simplification.

"BMWs used to be a step above in many categories that car enthusiasts cared about. " When was that? Actually that's now. Maybe E46 era looks strong mostly because of the lack of competition at that time, but even at that time this type of people were all around the place... I remember E46 M3 release. Everybody was complaining it lost its soul, became a GT, and that ESC didn't have a place in M3 (E36 didn't have ESC) blah blah blah. E90 came out (Worst 3 series sedan design in and out IMO) and E92 M3 was "too soft", E90 design was so bland it was like Kia, turbo didn't have place in BMWs, blah blah blah.

Right now, BMWs are a step above in many not all categories that car enthusiasts care about. Does any one have any doubt that this 3 series will be better to drive than C300 or A4 2.0T? Every single review from people who have SEEN and DRIVEN the car are saying that G20 is better than competition especially for driving enthusiasts. The same goes to 'Mummy SUVs'. X1, X3, X5 are all better than competition in terms of driving dynamics; same goes to 5 series and 7 series, those "granpa sedans". And if you're bothered by the fact that BMW is making SUVs, you'll have a very hard time finding a competitior who doesn't make one. Heck, even Ferrari will introduce an SUV this year. BMWs 4 pot engine, inline-6 engine are way ahead of competition as well.

What car appeals to 'enthusiast' more than 2 series in its class? Mercedes A class? Audi A3? Is C class better to drive than this G20? Is E class or A6 better to drive than 5 series? Is S class better to drove than 7? Is GLA or Q5 better than X3? Let me answer in order: None, NO, NO, NO. Actually, almost all non-M BMWs are faster and more fun to drive than competitiors according to all reviews, whereas leaving aside M2, M cars are not always ahead, since in terms of engine & performance & driving dynamics; E63S AMG vs M5 is debatable, M4 vs Alfa romeo Quadrifoglio is debatable, Porsche Cayenne Turbo vs X5M is debatable, but 530i vs E300 is not; 330i vs Alfa R Gulio is not, X5 40i vs Cayenne V6 is not.

What's exactly your source of your very uninformed agressive cynicism?
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50
Appreciate 2
klokan104.00
KTN308.00