View Single Post
      09-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #4511
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
I had very good luck using Match.com to find women to date after my divorce way back in 1998 after 25 years of marriage.

Found 3 long term relationships in that way: 7, 3 and currently 11 years. Adds up to 21 which is how long I've been divorced. Only gave up #2 to stay w/#3.

Don't have any secret tips.

I just chose women who looked "authentic" to me. Read their bios carefully to see if she was actually the kind of person I wanted to meet and might enjoy being with. Usually had a 1st date over coffee where either of us could cut it short and bug out. Could tell in just a few mins if there was any connection or not. Don't recall exactly how many women I met that way but it was at least 10-12. So, a 250-300 batting average isn't bad; it's certainly good enough for pro baseball.

I could have married any of them but the 1st had 3 little kids and the older they got the less it worked for us. The 2nd had a grown kid who was not an issue but it was apparent that we didn't have a close connection, especially after I met #3.

#3 has grown kids of her own and is very independent, which is something I prefer in women. She doesn't "need" me or do I her. We're together because we WANT to be together. No point getting married because of our age and the financial/legal complications that brings, considering her 3 kids/2 grandkids and my 1 kid and 2 grandkids(plus another on the way) and the 2 pieces of RE that she owns and the 1 that I own. We just see each other on weekends or when ever else we care to spend together.

That's about as good as it gets IMO.

As for how to maintain a relationship, I have no secret tips for that either. What I've always tried to do is NOT take the woman for granted, always treat her as an equal with respect and always remember those "special" days -- like when we met, birthday, V-day, Xmas, etc -- when she expects/appreciates a thoughtful (if not expensive gift and/or dinner out).

None of my GFs expected to be showered with gifts and appreciated whatever I did for them, I presume because I made sure NOT to choose any "high maintenance" chicks who wear a lot of makeup, will only dress in expensive clothes and/or are used to being spoiled and fawned over OR "needy" chicks that also need constant attention and affirmation.

That's not the type of woman I like and I've never dated one like that for obvious reasons. My only suggestion to avoid such women at all costs because it can be very difficult and expensive to keep such women happy.

Last edited by SSW; 09-03-2019 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Dackelone10538.50