06-11-2020, 08:52 PM   #18
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
I'm late to the party, but I went with a 318i,because total cost with lease, tax and insurance made the 28bhp difference from 318i to 320i a whooping 7k euro. Since comfort is what I value the most and I don't really care for an engine, nor I have the opportunity to enjoy it since 90% of the time I drive in the city in working hours, which barely allows for any speed or dynamic and the other 10% are either to my hometown or on a vacation, which in both cases is an extremely straight highway and I'm sure the 318i won't struggle to keep yhe speed limit ^^.
So i went for full comfort with almost every extra and this small engine and now I've been waiting for a month for the car.
It's faster than my 116bhp 20 year old diesel golf, which has always been enough for me, so I can't complain and even now I heard from you that you can tune it to 200bhp, which I guess voids the warranty?
BMW Warranty will be void of course. The engine of the 318i is probably the same as the one of the 320i. Stage 1 tuning will deliver for both about 260hp and 420Nm and this brings it to 330i level. Seems plenty to me in real live.
Appreciate 0