M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
This is not a "Hill Assist" feature.

The "Auto Hold" feature lets you keep the car in drive when you stop at a traffic light for example and it holds the car when you release the brakes. Not just when it detects an incline. You tap the gas and it releases.

It's a very smart feature, it works and I freakin love it!

It was a 5 series (premium) feature until now, form what I remember. Have it on my X5 and it's the bees knees.
Again.. I understand EXACTLY what it is. And it simply is an extension of hill assist.

BMW for years forced stop/start on vehicles in an attempt to claim slightly better mileage, and placed that feature on many of the last generation automobiles.. Clearly.. holding one's foot on the brake for a stop/start cycle is exactly the opposite of this feature.... so it's funny to see that BMW has completely reversed themselves in this regard.. That reversal of course is easier to acknowledge (or hope it goes largely unnoticed) by making the feature change along with a model update.

in other words.. it's not a premium feature trickling down from 5er to 3er.. as BMW has been employing AH technology in the limited form of hill assist on manual transmission vehicles for years.. They have simply decided to add AH to their automatic vehicles since they decided to drop the stop/start.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-06-2019 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
dmboone254970.50