View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
Howshnaz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Can't decide if the M340i is the right car for me

As a backstory, I owned an f30 328i. We recently bought my wife an X3 M40i and I absolutely love that car. It drives so well and the engine is great. Now I am driving her old Honda Civic and would like a new BMW for myself.

One thing I did not like about my 328I was the ride quality. Mainly that the interior felt kinda cheap and the endless ratting of various pieces of plastic drove me insane. Otherwise fun car.

I am torn over what to get now. My only stipulation is I need a car seat in the back. I like having a quick powerful car on demand but commute daily so comfort is a must. Would like tech like auto cruise and remote start.

I really like the look and engine and tech of the m340 but worry that a cheaper interior quality will drive me insane again. But it would be fun to have a small and nimble "sportier" car.

I also was looking at the m550i for more interior luxury and better build quality. But the 5 series just looks... Boring. Also no remote start bugs me (wtf, BMW?).

I also really like the X5 m50i. Particularly the ride, tech and interior luxury. I realize this is quite different than the above 2 lol.

Any thoughts on which BMW might suit my situation best? Would love to hear from owners of various models.
Appreciate 0