Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
what does A.1. mean???

its really bothering me
A is the first letter of the alpahbet 1 is the first number we count, put together it represents the first of the first (the top of the top, the best of the best).

The phrase "A-1" means "top notch" "really good", etc. If you're a good singer you are an A-1 singer, etc.

They named it this so they would always be called "A-1". or simply "America's #1. . .

or this boring explanation, sigh:
Quote:
1824-1831 : In a time when a king's palate was supreme. Henderson William Brand, chef to England's King George IV, creates a special sauce for the king's table. The king is so impressed with the new sauce, he proclaims it "A1".

1831-- H.W. Brand knowing that he had a great idea leaves the palace walls and starts Brand & Co. where he begins to manufacture meat extracts and essences.

1850-- Being a great culinary master, but not a businessman, Brand goes bankrupt and has to sell his business to his friend, W.H. Withall. Knowing that Brand's products are the best, Withall continues to do business under the Brand & Co. name.

1862-- Steak Sauce is entered at the International Exposition in London, England. The sauce is again proclaimed "A1" . The sauce with its royal beginnings is on its way to be the most famous steak sauce in North America.

1873-- Withall decides to sell Brand & Co. to Dence and Mason. Brand re-enters the picture claiming trademark infringements. Legal battles will continue for another eight years until Dence and Mason agree to place Brand on an annuity and purchase Brand & Co. The steak sauce is now officially called A1 Steak Sauce (registered Trade-Mark).®