figure99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 - ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyg20M View Post
M3/4 owners will come up with a thousands different reasons why this M4 got smoked by a so called "watered down" M car. ���� Just wait.... I. Guessing this one we can blame it on the drivers! ������ hahaha JK!

No it's just cannibalism - manufactures always make the predecessors faster!

Now once the G80 drops it will definitely be faster than the G20 off the line.
RWD vs AWD, Manual vs Auto (based on the launch), bad launch (went sideways shifting into 2nd). Even if it was a DCT, it was a terrible tire spinning launch. Try an M4 with DCT and launch control and I can guarantee a different result - even with only RWD. I don't even have an F80 M4.

If you think drag times are important, then those things I listed are not just excuses. They are very important to such a one dimensional comparison as a drag race. Especially considering this was a 1/8mi long stretch of road. That's tailor made to benefit the lighter car with AWD - which is how it beat the M550i and the M4. Of course it'll beat a RWD 335i. You can even see the M4 was already gaining on the M340i near the end.

This is a YouTube video purposely made to be sensational.
This. Don't get me wrong the M340i is a great car, top notch at what it is and is designed for. My coworker has one, it's impressive... good news for the G80, it's going to be a performance beast (uhg but that grill). Anyway, we've done several pulls from 35/40 mph up to over 110mph... my bone stock F80 M3 CP has won 100% of the time. It's simple math... after traction isn't a problem, generally more power under the curve will win all other things equal. Haven't had the chance to go from a stand still, but no doubt he would win off the line with AWD. First world problems.
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.” -Mario Andretti
Appreciate 4
Dirtyg20M118.50
Sedan_Clan25100.00
Mspired63.00