07-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #63
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Crazy. How can you not have the right to refuse such a car? I'd never in a million years accept this. I'd cancel my order and wait as long as it took until a new vehicle could be manufactured. This is what insurance companies are for. Send them to auction to recoup some cost and write off the rest.
Bec most likely you would never know..... that's how good the VDC is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerandBimmer View Post
I did European Delivery of my M5 in May. Dropped the car off on May 12th in Munich and for some reason the car never left Munich. I originally got info from the shipping company that it was to leave Bremerhaven on 5/26 but apparently that never happened. For about a week no-one could tell me where the car was. Now my dealer can't tell me if the car was in the area affected by the hail storm. My concern is that if it was damaged that I have no choice to refuse the car as I've already put 1600 miles on it and signed my lease paperwork in late April.

It is so frustrating to not know what is going on. I've been buying BMWs from the same dealer for 20 years. It seems that BMW is having lots of logistic issues lately. This might be my last BMW.
This is one of the biggest "risks" of doing ED but BMW usually make it right to the best of my knowledge.

There have been folks in your situation in the past who received a brand new car delivered directly to their home dealer.

BMW will most likely cancel your lease agreement with that particular car and will order you a new one if your vehicle was significantly damaged.

Make sure to invest in a good paint meter if they re-deliver you the very same car but we unfortunately have very limited options when it comes to rejecting an ED car.

Keep us posted and GL
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0