pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Yes - but what happens when a million fewer people are paying in because they no longer get a paycheck, and now those million people are expecting to get UE? Suddenly you have a MASSIVE shortfall that has to be made up by someone - probably the Federal government, with another trillion or two in debt.

The week before the lockdown I had a company out installing cabinets and siding and floors in my garages here. Was 2 guys, we didn't shake hands, kept a social distance, only entered the garage never the house etc. but now that company is shut down, the 2 guys have been let go so are claiming UE, but in reality they could have continued working safely without endangering anyone. So really the regulations just added unnecessary pressure to the UE system, the owner of that company, and all for no good reason.
I think we're rapidly approaching the threshold where the cure becomes worse than the ailment. Let's get back to work. People will die, yes. And that's tragic. But ruining hundreds of millions of lives isn't a good trade for saving 10 or 20 thousand lives. Sorry if that seems callous, but there you have it.
Bunnny219.50