Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I think we're rapidly approaching the threshold where the cure becomes worse than the ailment. Let's get back to work. People will die, yes. And that's tragic. But ruining hundreds of millions of lives isn't a good trade for saving 10 or 20 thousand lives. Sorry if that seems callous, but there you have it.
I can see that side too. I wonder if the US in fact did too little too late, which means it's ineffective, but just enough for cause a lot of financial loss and pain for a lot of people, who are likely to rebel.

NZ went into full lockdown a week or so back, everything closed. Guards at the entrances to communities making sure nobody comes or goes without cause. All groceries are delivery only. And for the most part the country hunkered down and are dealing with it. Here - I've read rants from people "last time i checked it was a god-damned free country and I'll go for a drive if I want to" - which only perpetuates the problem and makes it go on longer.

I think you will have to wait until there's been a decline in cases before the stay at home orders are lifted, but I can see people going stir-crazy and making their own rules before that.
Hind sight is always 20/20 vision. Americans have been trading life for freedom since it began and I hope we continue to do so for many years to come. Locking down NZ is not the same as locking down the US. My family is being responsible but I am not calling the cops when my neighbors lawn crew shows up to do their maintenance. Millions will die if our economy falls too far and not just in the US. We just have to find the balance.
Appreciate 0