CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I have one up the hall from me. He makes about 20% less than I do annually ....and he's constantly broke and complaining about it.

How in the hell are you constantly broke when you make 100,XXX a year?

We got our bonuses at the 1st of March. His is gone. I still have every bonus I received for the last 5 years put away.

I admit I'm a cheap bastard, but that is ridiculous.

**edit** And we live in an area where the cost of living is cheaper than anything you could imagine!
When I visited the Carolinas last summer I was in heaven. People were so nice and I filled the tank of my car and thought there was an issue with the pump because the total was so low.

It's not even about being cheap. I would consider myself "frugal" in that I try to save where I can and spend my money on things I enjoy like my hobbies or fun trips. It's just about being smart. If one loses their job or gets laid off ideally you would like to have enough savings to live for 6 months before you find something else. Most people I know could live for about 6 days or until their first car payment. This is exactly how you become a slave to your job. The more prepared you are financially, the less stress you have.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00