No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
- Massive horrible looking vertical kidneys that not even a mother could love

- Auto "slushbox" transmission instead of DCT which will lack any character even if it's "fast"

- AWD which adds weight and will kill lap times but help 0-60 which only matters to traffic light heros and "bros" who never go to an actual track

I tried to phrase this like those who are upset about the things. In actuality, I'm still on the fence... the grilles bother me the most. The DCT was boring compared to a manual already and the AWD will make the car much more useable in nasty weather, plus have a RWD option. It'll be heavy but hopefully it can still "drive small" like the M5 and new AMG monsters supposedly do. I'm also annoyed I can't have a manual with the AWD bc that would be the ideal setup for me and my family .. oh well. No perfect cars out there and I just had to pass on a GT4 allocation so I'm bummed about that ... annnnyways. Still waiting on some real news/teases about the G80, feels like it's been forever!
The grilles don't bother me. The transmission really does. I personally find the current DCT more engaging than recent BMW manual transmissions, and wouldn't want to go back to a 6MT, but I find the new 8-speed autos frustrating and unpleasant with zero driver engagement.

I am currently desperately looking to change my car, but agree there are no good 4-seat options out there right now.

I also agree 100% that the lack of news on the G80 is getting way past annoying. If I have to read another posting on the "Preview" thread about Honda civics, Lexus's, front license plates, the stupendously ugly 'Garmisch Concept car', another bad photoshop job, or those fugly grilles then I will probably gnaw off my own foot. For the love of God, BMW, throw me a bone!
Yep, not sure why the M3 now has to wait for the M4/4series to come out first. I get that it might have been because the M3 was always a coupe first (then the sedan came but skipped some generations) but BMW through that logic out of the window when they created the 4 series and changed the numbers, so, just show us the damn M3 already or leak out something of great detail, then later on reveal the 4er and M4.