05-15-2022, 06:13 PM   #626
mnkhalifa
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
Thanks, yea I love it. The mats were definitely worth it in my opinion, especially seeing as the dealer threw them in.

That being said they are far better quality than any mats I've had and I'm not even tempted to put the carpet mats in that came with the car standard as they are so easy to clean even after muddy shoes have have soiled them. Buy with confidence.

Its a December 2021 build delivered in January 2022. The cubby hole missing doesn't bother me, would have liked the wireless charger though.
Well, let's see if my dealer would be nice enough to throw them in too! Though if that's the case I might grab a set even if they don't. It's no biggie to be missing the cubby hole, but I really don't understand why they started omitting it (chip shortage? ). The recess annoys me as it feels something should be in it's place. I do use it on my current golf, so looks like i'm going to have to relocate my pack of mints/fuel card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie (Wessex) View Post
Interesting about the mats. I'm going to keep an eye on the carpet ones I have. If they're like the sets I had in my previous cars, they'll soon ware through where my heel is.

But those rubber ones also look like it stops all the stones and crap getting beneath, unlike the carpet ones. My OCD kicks in a bit when I lift them up!!
I don't have much of a problem regarding stones etc. as I tend to vacuum my car every 1-2 weekends. The wet UK weather leading to damp and stained carpets is what triggers my OCD, and similarly to yours the area around the heel appears to be more 'pressed' or 'flattened' over time. Again I was never a fan of rubber mats as it takes away from the carpet feel but I might give them a go on this car considering they do look the part!
Appreciate 0