05-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #52
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
Hi guys, has anyone had any definitive luck with this task?

I'm in the process of getting a 330ix via a military/diplomatic sales program in Germany. I'm not required to meet Dutch specs, but I don't want to stand out with the goofy US/Canada tails.

I need to check with the local dealer to see how much I can get the tails for, otherwise it seems there's a shop in Denmark that has the whole set for under $1k. Do you have the Euro lightswitch part #?

As for the coding, I'm new to BMW but I've had a decent amount of experience with VAG-COM/VCDS in the VW and Audi world. Hopefully this can carry over.

Thanks.
I would not recommend buying brand new lights from the dealer as there are many good / new examples all over EU ebay both for the lights and the switch.

It looks like someone figured out how to code and we are still waiting for what parameters need to be changed. See below link.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=42

BMW (advanced) coding is more complicated / difficult than VCDS and doesn't have the same type of support VW / Audi folks have in the community IMO. Case in point, above link or the OP who started this thread.

We will keep this thread alive until someone figures out what parameters will need to be changed to have our tails operate like ROW cars and activate rear fog lights...... which will require wiring btw.

Keep us posted with your findings.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 1
helmet91302.00