View Single Post
      02-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Girl, 7, battling brain tumour would love 'letters' from dogs

I'm a sucker for stuff like this, I'll have my JRT Bosco send her an email tonight.

Brave Emma Mertens is just 7-years-old and is fighting a rare brain tumour. All she wants is letters from dogs. GOFUNDME
Emma Mertens is fighting for her life.

The 7-year-old Wisconsin girl has an inoperable brain tumour and she has just one request.

The brave little girl wants letters from dogs.

Now, Emma and her family are asking that dogs around the globe “write to her.”

And the good canines of the world have responded: So far, Emma has received letters from pups around the world, including Venezuela and Scotland.

“Hi, Emma! I’m Ollie from Alabama,” one dog “wrote”. “My mom is praying for you to be fully healed. You are loved from all over!”

Another kind canine added: “Hi Emma. My name is Max. I am 12 years old and my favourite hobby is taking walks and I love hot dogs. Take care.”

Emma was diagnosed on Feb. 23 after the onset of a headache. She is now receiving six months of radiation treatments at the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

“We’re doing everything we can to beat this thing,” her dad, Geoff Mertens, told Good Morning America. “We know that we have a very steep road ahead of us. We aren’t going to stop fighting until we can find a cure for this.”

The family has started a GoFundMe to help with medical expenses and has already surpassed its $50,000 goal by nearly $15,000.

Messages from dogs continue to pour in.

If your dog wants to write a letter to Emma to brighten her dark days, they can send their message to emmalovesdogs7@gmail.com.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
s14_kev367.00
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
xander_g967.00
beats225.00
shay2nak1070.00