Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Yeah looks like hood is same as new M3/M4 as well, but the grill appears to have the frame on it which the M3/M4 don't have. I like the look better without the frame.

Watching that new David Attenborough documentary makes me feel really shitty about buying my X3M now. Might have to go electric, was holding out for hydrogen cars but think that's a long way off.
A friend owns a Toyota Mirai Hydrogen. In takes 55kWh (converted) for 60mi, is complex tech and therefore not cheap in maintenance.

My i3, 2014, 30k mi needs only 13kWh, still has 93% of its original battery capacity and that's the old 1st gen. Maintenance cost are ridiculously low.
There's no need to wait for a "better" technology because there will be none, not in terms of efficiency and cost.
The issue I have is Building these are worse for the environment than building gas/diesel engines. And the disposal of the batteries will still be a huge problem in the future.

There is no question that from time of purchase until no longer using the car it's the best option, question is the before and after part...

And changing the subject I think they should go with

M4 i

Not i4 M

Appreciate 0