10-27-2020, 10:02 PM   #27
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiller155 View Post
Below are some more random pics pf my new car. I have not really driven too many miles so far, so I just have first impressions compared to my previous 2018 440GC…

• Acceleration is quick and adequate, but it does lack the instant/gut power I felt before on freeway.
• Handling is good with the steering feeling heavy & precise and linear with nearly zero body roll (unlike my previous car)—I cannot really describe it; it feels different and I am getting used to it.
• Visibility is as good or better than my 440 and the cabin feels open and airy.
• Sensetec soft dash is nicer than the hard plastic of my previous car.
• Automatic start/stop is annoying, and I cannot figure out how to get it to stay off without manually pushing the button every time I driveany know how to get it to stay off?
• The new tech: love the surround view, especially having the top-down view stay active when you back up and the move forward (an annoyance with my 2018 440), touchscreen is good and Apple CarPlay is greatly improved since you can now touch the screen instead of navigating with the dial, automatic lock/unlock/folding mirrors is convenient, interior LED lights are cool, Heads Up Display is more expansive now with more options/information but I wish I could increase the size of the speed display, HK Stereo sounds better than before. Haven’t learned how to use the drive recorder
• Seats are harder than previous model but not uncomfortable, much better range in seat height adjustment (I like to sit higher).
• Back seats have great legroom and adequate for adults and kids under 5’10” tall.
• No under storage in the trunk.
• Storage compartment under the light buttons on left of the steering wheel is very handy and the center console is extra deep.

Now back to the looks…everyone seems to really love the color and think it looks like a sportscar. No one has any strong opinions on the grill (like here and in reviews). In person, its just not a big deal for non-BMW enthusiasts. I get why people dislike it and I would have preferred this: https://www.motor1.com/news/426617/b...ut-big-grille/ but I do not dislike it and I do think its cool and different. The entire car has nice smooth lines that you cannot appreciate until you see it in person. At some angles, you notice that the rear is somewhat bloated but at other angles, it’s a thing of beauty. It certainly is a departure from your traditional boxy BMW sedan and looks like a shorter BMW 840 with some elements of the Ford Mustang & an Infiniti Q60.
Re: start / stop atleast on F32 there is a button, perhaps customizable under individual drive mode settings? stop/start I think is also disabled by default if in sport / sport plus mode no?

thank you for this detailed response!
Appreciate 0