11-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #116
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
Its a growing coverage but it is hardly the “vast majority” of the country, with only 2,000 locations in 3.8 million square miles with 47,000 miles of interstate highway. And a lot of those are at the Tesla service centers.

The winner will be the charging vendor that partners with McDonalds or Starbucks to put a charging station at every interstate exit ramp.
I really don't want to argue, but I was interested to see how you would try to spin a map that clearly shows that the majority of the country can be seen via Tesla and Superchargers.

Suggesting that every highway exit should have charging available is a different discussion altogether, and isn't a statement I'd dispute. Charging locations will be as ubiquitous as gas stations, eventually.

There are a few (sparsely populated) areas of the country that can't be visited using Supercharging, as the map shows. The map also clearly shows that the majority of the country can be visited with Tesla Supercharging, which was my point.

As for co-locating charging with other services and/or locations, that's already happening, with many Meijer stores now including Superchargers, and Electrify America putting locations in WalMart parking lots. The other Superchargers I've visited have been adjacent to restaurants and other retail businesses - quite convenient all the way around.
Appreciate 0