05-29-2020, 06:22 AM   #2
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuki View Post
Hey everybody!
This is my first ever post so would be nice to say hello to everybody here!
I have recently picked up 330i MSport (would post some pics soon) -euro spec. Although I like the car very much, I am little bit disappointed with the driving position. I am quite tall - 188 cm (around 6.2") and I find it being definitely too high... Moreover, the steering wheel for me is also not "adjustable" enough.
Quite funny, because while doing test drive, I was given 330i M Sport with fully electric seats and I felt like the driving position was almost perfect at that time.
I decided to spec my car with basic ///M seats (with manual adjustment) in order to be positioned even lower, but I feel like being higher than in electric ones. I even went to the dealer to compare it and guess what - I still feel like electric ones are being mounted little bit lower than "manual" ones.
Does anybody besides me else with "manual" seats is complaining about driving position?
Greeting from Poland!
I am 186cm tall (6 foot 1) and I find the driving position perfect with manual sport seats. In the town I usually drive with a few "pumps" of the seat above the lowest position.
When I'm out of town or on a longer trip I always drop the seat to the bottom. It's more than low enough for my taste.

The only thing I found after long road trips is that the door armrest is not ideal. It's a bit hard, too small and to far from the body for my seating position. It gives me a bit of strain in the left side of my neck/shoulder. For reference, I am sitting "by the book": legs slightly bent in the knee, backrest is just slightly leaned back (almost upright), the steering wheel is pulled out completely so that my both hands can work on the steering wheel in all positions without my shoulders losing contact with the seat.
Appreciate 0