06-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #32
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I feel like if they lose the manual, a lot of people will simply move to Audi/Mercedes or even cars like the GT350, ZL1, or Hellcat (just for the novelty). Of course, BMW is trying to save money right now in the massive costs of transitioning to EVs. So they might just be trying to figure out the best time to rip off the band-aid.

Here's to hoping we get one more manual M3/M4. I'm finally in the perfect position to buy one myself and it's infuriating to think I might not be able to order a new 6MT M3 just one generation too late. Buying a low mileage F80 won't be that big of a deal, but it'd be disappointing after growing up idolizing the E46.
Beyond that all interviews and leaks said it was coming in 6MT form. To me, that is the dealbreaker, to backtrack on a loyal customer base, that is the ultimate slap in the face. I know Alpha promised a manual and did not come through, but BMW and (the iconic M3) is a different story/company, that was new, this is legacy. I still believe they are going to offer a manual, but if not, no way I keep getting my wife BMW SUV’s every three years, my relationship with new BMW’s will be over.
Appreciate 1