Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Yup, the sideskirts were a really good fit. Keep in mind my original purchase (and related post) was about 3 years ago, it's possible some things may have changed on the seller's end. But I'm not sure why they're saying it's not compatible with a 2020 M340i. When I made the initial purchase back then, the description just said these were for a G20, and the detailed description showed several compatible models including the M340i. I'd message the seller to confirm, sometimes the descriptions or compatibility charts can be inaccurate. And no, these did not block the puddle lights (the ones that project a logo or light pattern onto the ground).

My car was a lease that went back to the dealer a few months ago, but in the 3 years I had them on the car, these were pretty solid (definitely use self-tappers, not just the supplied double-sided tape). And no, I wouldn't pay OEM prices for cosmetic parts when knock-offs are so cheap and have a reasonably good fit and finish. Between the skirts, front lip, rear wing and shadowline grill, I must've paid a total of $550 *shipped*. The only thing I would've done differently is to have a few layers of clear coat or sealant on the front lip. The only reason it peeled so bad is because of the continuous flex due to regular impact with the ground (structurally, the ABS plastic was durable and flexible; zero cracks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoTheClown View Post
Dumb Question: Seeing as you have (obviously) had these side skirt extensions installed on an M340i - they must fit, right? haha

Reason I ask is because, when I go to the ebay listing it says not compatible. Everywhere I find these online (at numerous automotive sites) all say the same thing. Not compatible with 2020 M340i. I don't understand why.

They don't block the floor lights do they? I am scratching my head why all these sites have them listed as not compatible haha.

Also . . . now that you have had then a while. Do you still recommend them over ordering the OEM for $550? Do they hold up, over time? You mentioned the lip was peeling in places. Hoping these held up better?

Thanks !!!!