///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Love it. Love the Panda look too. Congrats on beautiful build. Would love it in my garage. Only thing I do not understand is how they can put official M color logo badge on a non M car. That's like putting an RS badge on non RS Audi. Or AMG on non AMG. Or an SS badge on a base Camaro, a Cobra snake on a base Mustang , SRT on a base Challenger.. etc, I could go on and on . Not one of those manufactures does that though. Why does BMW dilute an iconic top tier performance badge?
It isn't the same designation as an m-car. It's an m340i. Notice how the m precedes the full 3 series model number. In other words it's a 340i with some Motorsport "touches", but it wasn't fully developed by the Motorsport division. The m340i also has the same 3 series chassis code as the 330i, which is g20. The full m-cars are the m preceding a single number like m2, m3 etc, and they have their own unique chassis code like f80, g80, f90 etc.

The m340i, m240i, are more like the Audi S* models, not the RS* cars, or the c43 amg, not the c63 amg. The Audi RS cars or Mercedes c63 or e63 amp would be closer to the level of the bmw m* cars. Even then, the cost between those models is somewhat similar, but the brands have differing philosophies in regard to performance in their hard core sports sedan line up.
Thanks buddy. We all know that the Germans are all about ///Marketing these days. Appreciate the rundown
Appreciate 0