10-15-2020, 06:24 AM   #20
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by maughan67 View Post
I am close to spec’ing a new G20 M340i. I definitely want HBA (I have it on my F30 340i and it is brilliant). Laser lights would be nice but I would be happy with LEDs (and an extra £2k in my pocket) - except that the BMW online configurator only enables HBA with the lasers.

So.... Has anyone here bought a July 2020 (or later) G20 without lasers, and then successfully “upgraded” their LEDs to HBA via the option in Connected Drive? If so, does it all work seamlessly? No glitches or small print catches?

I assume the £160 is a one-off payment for HBA for the life of the car.

Thanks!

Matt
I will take delivery of a G21 330e in a few weeks, and presumably mine will be built with the HBA button on the stalk which is non-functional as I didn't spec Laser lights. I'm a bit annoyed they're doing this because I wanted just one button on the stalk which operates the B/C, which makes it easier to use. Now I'll have a button getting in the way which doesn't even do anything.

However, I could pay for the upgrade afterwards and make it functional, but I resent being forced into it in a way.

Oh, not to be too pedantic, but it's not an extra £2K in your pocket. The LASER option is only £1,500 list (and presumably you're getting some kind of discount), minus the £160 you're going to have to pay to get the HBA. So it's more like £1,115 in your pocket (assuming you get a15% discount).
Appreciate 0