Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 Mineral White M440i

Garage List
2021 M440i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfest View Post
2023 M440xi, using Android.

I'm stuck on step 2 of the software update.

1. New software update alert came up in ‘My BMW’ app
2. I used Wi-Fi to download it to my phone (Step 1)
3. In the car, my phone is setup to connect via all three ways – Bluetooth, WiFi and Apps (see screenshots)
4. In ‘My BWM’ app, I’m stuck on Step 2 (upload data from phone to car)
a. On my phone, the app shows ‘Transferring’ and ‘In Progress…’ but it has been like this for over 3hrs of driving (I can’t image it takes this long)
b. App permissions I’ve granted are ‘Notifications’ and ‘Nearby devices’
5. In the car menu (Car  General Settings  Remove Software Update) it shows that an update has been started and it’s paused, it will resume at any time
6. In the car menu, for mobile devices, I have every connection configured and needed

I was using Android Auto but I have that disabled now. I removed and readded the pairing of my phone to the car, connected via wifi, apps, bt. Still stuck on step 2.
How long should transfering from the app to the car take?
Same problem here. 2021 M440i. Downloaded the update on the app, connected to car, wifi, Bluetooth, and apps says uploading and......nothing. car stays stuck at the upload will resume shortly screen. Tried on both on android and iPhone multiple times. Multiple cancel installation and re download software, tried restarts on both phones, hard reboot by holding volume button for 30 seconds, having only one phone connection during download, etc. Called BMW 'Genius ' help line (oxymoron!) they were no help. They suggested going to dealer to have them install the software. Currently running 2021.50 version. Geez....
Appreciate 0