View Single Post
      03-11-2023, 09:24 PM   #4
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
I'd assume that all parts are by default covered by the 5 year new car warranty. So the 2 year parts replacement warranty should cover parts:
- installed outside of warranty in most cases, or
- installed during warranty if the problem was determined to be "caused by poor servicing performed by an outlet not authorised by BMW".

On page 4, it goes on to state "All repairs and/or replacements performed under this BMW (New Vehicle) Supplementary Warranty must be carried out by or through an authorised BMW dealer for that repair or replacement to be covered under this BMW (New Vehicle) Supplementary Warranty."

Although rights under Australian Consumer Law still apply, I think it would be easier to have a new car serviced by an authorised BMW dealer for at least the first 5 years.
Definitely will be servicing at a BMW Dealership during the first five years, especially if you want less hassles when claiming for any issues during the first five years and also qualifies you for any goodwill built up if an issue occurred after 5yr expiry.

ACL would kick in if there were recurring issues with a previously reported and/or repaired part.
Appreciate 0