View Single Post
      03-29-2024, 11:02 AM   #1734
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Got 11/2023.73 installed on my 23' M340i, heard the car make alot of strange electrical noises, even heard the rear make some noises too. A couple of things I noticed:

- Drive Recorder was greyed out, took like 2 forced reboots to bring it back. Took a long time to open the app as well, maybe 10-15 seconds

- My wireless CarPlay is completly borked. No longer connects to my phone and shows the infamous "Bluetooth version no longer compatible" message. Even after forgetting the phone and re-joining I'm still getting the same error. CarPlay used to work flawlessly before on my iPhone 15 Pro. EDIT: Fixed by factory resetting my iPhone, so maybe an issue with the phone.

- Built-in Maps got updated, I don't use it personally but there you go

- Scrolling now seems smoother in iDrive8, used to be choppy and laggy

- Only some of my custom coding got reverted (Comfort Plus etc.) some of my coding actually stuck around so I guess these new updates are only patching certain things and not others.

- I'll have to test more but it seems like auto-start stop got a bit smoother, could just be my engine was hot. I'll have to test more when its colder.

- Some changes to the HUD as well, in my driveway it did not show the speed limit. Now it shows a little white box, no speed but it says LIMIT

EDIT: Also noticed that the brake hold feature is slightly revised, it used to take more "force" to dis-engage the brake hold feature, now its noticebly less. Took a bit for me to get used to.

Last edited by dhock_holiday; 03-29-2024 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
zlatko134.00