Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer5 View Post
When I hear people say ICE is going away or it’s inevitable it makes me cringe, we the consumers are in charge here not some group of politicians. If you refuse to buy EV’s guess what they will not make them, or at very least they will be a niche market.
If you’re a ICE enthusiast why support the EV market, the whole premise of never seeing a gas station again. Sure you may not have to go get gas but you can bet the cost will eventually be the same because the politicians will not let you get away without paying for the lost gas tax.
EV’s are a hard NO from me.
I think you’re missing one major point. The increase cost of gasoline due to the lower demand. As more and more cars become EV on the road and demand for gasoline decreases. Recently OPEC decreased oil production because of the demand is less now. Gas is still like almost $6 dollars in California and when I was in Nevada it was like $5 bucks lol.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-doubles-down-green-energy-opec-cuts-production-prices-soar.amp

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/06/05/opec-oil-prices-pop-after-saudi-arabia-pledges-production-cuts.html

At this rate, OPEC is going to shoot them selves in the foot. Eventually, gasoline prices would be ridiculously high and people would absolutely hate it and eventually be forced into an EV. If they really wanted to keep ICE alive, OPEC should not be decreasing supply of oil which causes panic and then keeps raising gas prices. If gas prices were ridiculously low, people would just keep their ICE cars and think “why do I want to spend 40-50k on a new car when I can run my ICE car for cheaper?”.

California already enacted an extra $100 dollars or something on EV registration fees to cover the gas tax gap.
Appreciate 0