View Single Post
      03-07-2020, 03:37 AM   #119
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I believe I used the "US market" qualifier.

This circle jerk came about because I commented that nobody should expect a BMW of a particular class/size to be the same price as a Tesla in that size/class. I don't see Tesla as having the same stature of luxury as BMW. I personally think of a Tesla being more akin to a Volkswagen, or perhaps a Volvo. If BMW is smart they'd make sure this differentiation was crystal clear by using high-grade materials, and maintain their superior fit, finish, and reliability. BMW should stop with the woke vegan interior materials crap. Stop lowering yourself to Tesla's level, and put interior materials (thinking Marino leather) that luxury buyers expect. Make a BMW that happens to be an EV, instead of making a BMW version of a Tesla. This is the contrast BMW needs to show.
I agree with you in parts.
Tesla's interior isn't up to par even with a Volvo and even less so compared to BMW or Mrecedes.
I had a Tesla for three years but switched back to BMW when the lease was up.
I honestly don't know what's wrong with Tesla. They have a superior electric drive with the best range, fast charging and a superior charging network, best in class semi self driving, etc.
But then they do the interior (seats, storage, materials) and options (no hud, 4 zone acc, etc) like crap.
Can't wait for a BMW 5series-size TOURING fully electric.
Or a Merc if they beat BMW to it.
Appreciate 1