View Single Post
      12-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #35
Kocurkot
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32_jon View Post
Active Sound is not linked to the overrun (burbles), and can be coded off in most cars. Sport+ is unique to cars with the adaptive suspension, which here in the US is also a part of the Track Handling Package. Sport+ can be enabled on most cars through coding. My 330i did not come with Sport+ and I have successfully enabled it. Take a look here for the two part coding change: https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f...s/jokinawa.xml

Contrary to another post in this thread, Sport+ does not modify the stability program and a press of the DSC button is still required. The car will say TRACTION or DSC OFF in the cluster when the stability program is modified. Instead, throttle response, shift aggressiveness, gear holding, and downshifting are all far more aggressive in Sport+ than they are in Sport. Watch out for that fuel economy though! I have not noticed a change in Active Sound volume nor in the quantity/volume of overrun since enabling Sport+.

Finally, cars with an exhaust valve (visible in the video posted above as a sort of black and silver box on the tail pipe) will sound louder from the exterior when in Sport or Sport+. This is standard on the 330i and 340i, but I am not sure about the 320i. If the 320i has dual tail pipes (whether they are next to one another or on opposite sides of the bumper) then it may very well have an exhaust valve.
Now I regret that I didn't order car with adaptive suspension
Appreciate 0