United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw m3 comp xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
Guess MP is just staying focused on the MY2020's then?
You are partially correct. The work is being split right now between the 2 generations, but priority currently is the App. With the app, the ground work for post-2021 DMEs is already being put in place but will only go live once earlier generations show to perform perfectly without issues. The main reason for that is this:
-Prior-2021 ECUs can be bench flashed. If, in the unlikely event, the app fails and even our Smart Emergency recovery doesn't fly, we can have the ECU sent to us and Repaired on the Bench in any given state of corruption. That is something we offer for our customers currently, even if they are not on our platform.
-Now, with Post-2021 ECUs, there is currently NO bench flashing availability by any hardware tool manufactures. What does that mean and why is that important? Answer is very simple: IF the App fails to flash a 2021+ DME and "Bricks" it, there is NO physical way for us to Fix/Recover the ECU on the bench as our solution is purely OBD based and requires ECU to be not in corrupt state.

It really comes down to responsibility. We feel it is our responsibility and obligation to our customers to make sure we do not "Kill" their car. To some, that is an accepted risk, to us it is not. Unless we have solution in place to 100% guarantee the customer's vehicle recovery in case of failure, we just do not feel it is responsible to advertise and sell such product. To those who are patiently waiting for such solutions to come out, we thank you and appreciate your patience.
This is why the majority of us who are waiting are still here. No need to say that Alex and mission performance are hands down best tuners out there. Never had the opportunity to have and enjoy there products but I knew from jump I couldn't go with no one else. Even tho at times my patient ran thin I knew The wait would be worthwhile. One question tho for mission…..I know no dates can be answered but do we think "SOON" will be this summer or still to far to tell. Also those of us that are on the upcoming products waiting list will be notified when the unlock and app is available to us. Again I thank the hole team for the hard work and can't wait to experience what comes from the best. Thank you
Appreciate 0