03-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #23
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Very simple, had 4 of them the last decades...

The 320d is an incredible thing of magic... in Germany it allowed me to play with several big machines at +200km/h with incredible authority, really! It was so frugal that I was almost everytime flabbergasted reading my overall average of 5,3l/100km.

Seen the lower weight on the front axle, it has a superior vehicle dynamics than the 330d and that's something I could feel in the F30 generation at least. On +98% of the public road trips, it feels like abundantly powered.

Of course, I've experienced superiour machines like the F90 M5 and M4 competition etc... but they don't compete when TCO comes in play and when you want return for your hard earned money: just go for 320d, it's the best on the market. And I mean it!
Also, don't forget that an M sport package only deserves a petrol engine
I just got an 320dA Touring with M package and some options, stock car with huge discount (around 25%) and I couldn't be happier. Economical, enough punch, fast enough considering it's here full off average speed camera's, 230+ on the autobahn is not a huge problem. Yes, my 545i feels much stronger at high speeds, but fuel costs are also 3x. If it's a daily car, get the 320d and if you need some thrills (which an 330i will not provide anyway), get some weekend toy. My F31 330d was a blast, but in current tax situation here, I decided against it. Everything has a price, unfortunately
Appreciate 0