View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #30
StevenX94
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
Personally I would go for the 330i. I have had a number of BMW diesels from all ranges in the last five years or so as courtesy cars and they just feel rough and noisy to me. No issues with the performance, they all go well. A pal has a a 420d that sounds like a sack of nails when he gives me a lift compared to my petrol model.

It's always a pleasure getting back into a petrol car for my (I had an f34 328i previously).

Obviously mpg on the petrol is going to be lower if you cane it but if you are a regular driver you will see an average of mid30s mpg and I average over 50mpg on a regular 220 mile motorway run with driver assist/cruise set at 70mph.
The sound defenitly is much better on the petrol engines. I test drove both 320d and 330d, none had the sound of 330i.
True on the fuel part, better mpg for the diesels as usual, but I found that the 330i has really decent mpg for its 258 hp. One of the things that got me thinking less about the m340i was its consumption. It may more fun than the 330i but I think mpg is much worse with 6cyl petrol. I could be wrong though...
Appreciate 0