View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #41
StevenX94
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree that the 340 is more desirable than the 330.

However, the 330 is more than enough for the average driver and has a lot 'more' than 95% of all cars on the road.

At the end of the day it is a simple choice - is the extra cost (£8000/£9000 in the UK when I was looking) worth it to you. More power, less economy and rarity (I have still yet to see one on the road!). Also residual value - counter intuitively I would suggest that the 340 will lose value quicker than 'lesser' models simply as it has a narrower market.

Go with whatever suits you. Personally I would prefer a fully loaded 330 against a basic 340. But I would still prefer a fully loaded 340 to a fully loaded 330......but I couldn't justify the extra cost in my mind.
Yea I think it mostly comes down to what you most prioritize in the car, tech and options or engine power (performance)
What I still dont really get is why the price jump is a little of an overkill between the 330i and the 340i. It should ofcourse be more expensive but for ex here it is about 20k Euros more. A bit insane tbh, I dought Bmw did the pricing perfectly right here...
Appreciate 0