04-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #42
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX94 View Post
Yea I think it mostly comes down to what you most prioritize in the car, tech and options or engine power (performance)
What I still dont really get is why the price jump is a little of an overkill between the 330i and the 340i. It should ofcourse be more expensive but for ex here it is about 20k Euros more. A bit insane tbh, I dought Bmw did the pricing perfectly right here...
For me it's not tech or power, since I don't mind a bit for all the fancy tech these days that they try to sell you for big money. The only thing you need is an android connect and by preference wireless and a trouble free connectivity each time you jump in your car. Don't spend anything on a smart key (pointless and useless) or the gesture control (idem), connected services (idem) or the automatic reverse steering (idem)... It's all garbage in my eyes. My X3 has some of it (company car) and it's utter crap, BMW unworthy.

For me it's plain simple, am I willing to pay each month 400€ extra when the 330i is already too much a monster for the roads I'am driving on, with speed limits between 30km/h and 120km/h and speed cameras planted almost everywhere? When I would live in Germany near the Nurburgring, I would probably wait for the M3 competition later this year, but I don't live there.
Appreciate 0