View Single Post
      06-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I strongly agree. Currently our cars (we have 3, 2 daily drivers and a weekend car car) are used about an hour a day and sit for 23 hours (daily drivers) . Uber gets rid of the driver, ride becomes half the current cost, far more use them, far more cars available and likely we would get rid of one car immediately. Wife is then dropped off at the front door downtown, calls an Uber on the way out of the building, saves money, saves time, saves hassle. Depreciation, maintenance, insurance, repair all turns into a cost for a ride.
Cabs and Uber don't currently work because of the expensive driver sitting in the car, one of highest costs of the ride.

Funny when I hear the people on these forums talk about their car being taken away, manufacturers will provide what the market wants.

If my car can operate at night, during the day when I don't need it, or on the weekend without me in it I would be happy to share my car (likely for some $$) with friends and family right now.