View Single Post
      01-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #17
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I was so excited when I saw "TSB"!...that sucks that it didn't work. I'm scheduling a dealer visit next week to see what they have to say. I did my tint through an independent shop, but if they blame it on my tint and can show me another tinted car that's not doing it, I'll gladly get the tint redone through them.
Do a quick demo for them. Turn the flash light on your phone on, and shine it directly below the Hi-beam indicator on the left side of your instrument cluster. Your dash will likely get 2-3 times brighter. Then take it away and show them how dim it gets again. It's really easy to say there is no problem when you have nothing to compare it to, because even when these screens are dim they look pretty decent. It's not until you see how much brighter they should be that you realize they are operating in the bottom 20-30% of their capacity (if you're having the tint issue). I also get that not everyone wants them or needs them to be that bright, but that's exactly why we should have manual brightness control in the daytime, just like we do at night. Makes no sense.

Last edited by 2020g20; 01-14-2020 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0