Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4EVER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4EVER View Post
I just think there are just to many models. It used to be sedans and coupes. Now from coupes they make sedans so to speak
The f36 4gc apparently sold well enough that they brought it back in the g20 chassis. There are several other models that are being discontinued after their first run.

I never understood why people get critical about an auto maker producing more models. If successful, it broadens existing markets, or potentially even creates new markets (making a product people didn't know they wanted). In the case of the 4gc, bmw wasn't the first to market with a 4 door coupe (I think it was MB), but if it's a product concept that sells, why wouldn't they get in on some market share?
Why not bring the station wagon then?
Bmw hasn't stopped making wagons. They just don't offer it in the US, or other markets where wagons fell out of fashion. There are plenty of people who would love to see the wagon offered in the US again though. Unfortunately, in the US everyone just buys boring suvs. I see people with suvs that don't even have kids or, seemingly, any need for extra space for cargo and passengers. It's just what everyone wants now.

The 4gc isn't very much like a wagon either. You might be thinking of the 3 series GT. That model looks a bit more like a wagon. It tries to fill the gap between wagon and suv/crossover. It's also built on the long wheel base f30 that was designed for the Chinese market.

The 4 series gran coupe looks much more streamlined than the 3GT:

4 series Gran Coupe: (current F36)
[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Vwngn8WQhLk/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

3 series Gran Turismo: (discontinued, no G20 version coming)
[IMG]http://www.motoragents.co.uk/wp-cont...Turismo-12.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0