Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy340i View Post
Congrats.

I went with the AMG C43..mainly because we also bought an 2019 X3 M40i...so we wanted some variety in the garage.

I think BMW and Mercedes are doing the best job with these 6 cylinder cars and SUVs.

I think Audi has fallen back...we test drove drove the S4 and the SQ5 and neither ended up in our garage.
Yes indeed. BMW and Merc make very fine sixes. Both silky smooth.
You have a very enviable garage.
I absolutely loved the HUD in the C43. The car looks great, sounds great, has great seats, and drives beautifully. It was a very close call on my part (especially as “she who must be obeyed” really liked the look of the Merc). If it was for model longevity, I think I would have gone for the Merc, even though I have had Beemers for more than 20 years.
Having said that, the M340 is a weapon and is an absolute thrill to drive. It also is a bit more “techy” than the Merc is at the moment. I’m sure Merc will up the ante on the next model.
I agree with your comment on the S4. The car drove well, felt very well behaved and relaxed, and that for me was the problem. Although it performed faultlessly and was very predictable, it lacked a certain “Je ne sais qua”. There was not that thrill that I got from the Merc and the BMW. “Her at home” also didn’t like the styling, saying it was boring..
There you go....Beemer on order.....long wait ahead, but getting shorter day by day.