View Single Post
      06-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Interested in driving track, but not for sport, just for leisure (?)

(SORRY MODS, I INDADVERTENTLY WROTE THIS ON THE WRONG CATEGORY)

Hi Guys. I just want to be enlightened by you who have the experience. If you're like me who loves cars, occasionally works on them and just love the pure driving experience and would want to take that to (somewhat) the next level and drive on a track, where should I start?

On the side, I've always been in awe watching Chris Harris tear up tracks on the other side of the pond (Anglesey and that one in Portugal I think [Portimao?]) and would want to experience that, even if it's not as good as he does in those super fancy cars he reviews. My dream is to be able to drive on those nice European roads, or even at the Nurburgring.

I feel like it would be nice to get to feel the limits of my car on a real track, those twisty, bendy tracks. I've seen some drive in Laguna Seca, and that's awesome! I've also heard of nice twisty roads such as The Tail of the Dragon, or even just driving up Rt. 1 here in the NE. The thing that would be even better is to do it with a buddy that is like-minded. If not, I don't mind doing it alone.

I hope I made sense there...

Last edited by $iriu$black; 06-05-2015 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0