View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 03:49 AM   #1
nahhlt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i G20

320i with options vs modest 330i

Hey. Having hard time deciding between two options. :/ Unfortunately, I've only had chance to try out 330i so I'm a little bit worried whether the thing I love the most about the car was actually the engine and 320i might be a huge disappointment.

1) 320i M Sport
Laser lights
Driving Assistant Professional
HUD
*doesn't include M performance brakes*

*or*

2) 330i M Sport
Adaptive LED lights
Driving Assistant (basic)
No HUD
*includes M performance brakes*

Everything else is the same.

Went through a lot of youtube videos (not many with 320i tho), headlights comparison, driving assistant professional threads and these are my thoughts:
- I'll probably do at least 50% time driving in the city so I might not benefit that much from 330i
- found some posts that driving assistant professional is jerky and accelerates when switching lanes and actually needs driver intervention to not hit the other vehicle
- resale value of 320i might be lower (?)
- I have a car with HUD, did a test drive with 330i without HUD and was quite okay actually. Did not miss that much.
- my current car has adaptive speed cruise control (i.e. follows the vehicles in front and stops if needed). Did use that almost always on highways and probably this is what makes the choice really hard.
- loved the M brake performance on 330i test drive. Worried if the regular ones are way worse.

Which would you choose? Any thoughts?

Last edited by nahhlt; 10-27-2019 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 0