Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmk View Post
I went through the same process... decided 330i with that same equipment (I also added sunroof)

My point is that laser lights and led adaptive are pretty the same in Low beams (see the IIHS report on the G20). Differences are just High Beam and selective beam assist. The adaptive LED just turn on and off high beams automatically but lasers play with shaping the beam. With laser the high beams are longer... should you drive at night frequently, go for them.

Brakes are a must have, even if you go for 320i you should add them. The need for better braking is depending on speed and weight, you might need them independently of power. (The more power the faster you’re supposed to be, but 320i allows you to go fast)

Regarding Engine, torque in 330i (400nm) makes the difference, it’s not about how fast the car can be, but how agile it is. 320i torque is not that good (300nm)

HUD is definitely not a must have, just nice to have

Hope this help... any choice is good, but I would recommend number 2
^ as above... I didn’t go for laser lights as I don’t do a lot of night driving with full beam required. £1500 saved... just couldn’t justify the cost although love the blue accents and HBA.

It is hard to select which options/packages to chose. For myself I wanted the extra power of the 330 (came from a diesel with as much torque as it) and some of the technology...

Enjoy the process of choosing. It looks like a choice of power v’s technology.....

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R

Last edited by Tam the Bam; 10-27-2019 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0