View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #62
ewanmac
Captain
Rep
Drives: m140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
By most normal measures, the 330e is a no brainer, but although there's a fair bit of tech in them, the actual kit levels are very poor. There's just no excuse for a £40k car not to have any kind of lumbar adjust for the driver - especially as they're mostly targeted at the fleet market. Plus the boot is compromised and you can't get an estate version. And any upgrades have to be bought as a package with loads of stuff you may not want with the associated cost. That's what's driving me to other options.

The 250e is by far the most sensible financially, whilst the Superb iV is the best balance of price / space and kit.

Although I really want to see the Kuga PHEV as I have grown to appreciate elevated driving positions since we bought a large Japanese MPV to convert to a camper van.
While I agree about lumbar, I was pleasantly surprised at how well spec'd the 330e is - especially when I compare to my F30 330d. Folding mirrors, adaptive headlights, rear camera and pro nav are now all standard. These were all options in prev gen. Touring is also available soon but don't know when...